I did not get as far as I would have liked since last class. I tweaked the two mini games on Thursday. Saturday, I started on the pill-taking mini-game. I worked on it some more Monday and today (Tuesday) but didn't finish it. I should still be able to get it done, along with the respiration mini game before 8pm Friday. (I should be meeting my internship guys this weekend).
The game does not seem like much of a challenge, but I am making it interesting.
Cancer patients have all sorts of different pills they have to take at different times. Of course, remembering when they have to take the pills can be difficult to remember in their ruined mental state. What I have planned to do is have time pass by at a highly accelerated rate. When it is the correct "time," the player should take a pill by pressing the appropriate key. The player only has a 1 second window during the game "hour" to hit the correct keys. Missing a pill or taking a pill at the wrong time will reduce the player's accuracy meter. An accuracy that is too low will be bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment